Thursday, April 15, 2010

THE JOY OF PANTS!!!

I wear pants all the time. I mean, I almost always wear pants..I've gotten easier to be around, although my real marker for how angry I am is whether I'm wearing combat boots. I've been trying not to wear them at all, but I wore them yesterday and I swear it only made my anger worse..

I have a friend that recently commented to me, that she quit smoking and put on ten pounds so she said she's "had" to wear pants. Because none of her pants fit anymore..Actually. this entire topic pisses me off..It's hugely irritating issue in my world. Most of what is beautiful is dictated TO me. I get bombarded with that fucking waif and before that, junkies, and before that, skinny girls with breast jobs, and so on, and then I'm surprised I'm so angry.

So where was I? Talking about pants..Well, the good news is that it is much cooler with boss types to wear them to work than it ever used to be. Thanks to Katherine Hepburn,among other steely babes..

When I was a kid I climbed trees and I raced my bike with the other kids around the dirt track down the street and I had a fort and I played sports. And I got punched in the face and I got a bloody nose and I wiped out on my bike. And I can't imagine doing any of that shit with a skirt on, nor would I have wanted to.

I guess what it comes down to is that I love clothes that carry power. As my friend alisha said to me, "If they wouldn't let us wear pants for so long, there must be something really powerful and important about them." Wearing pants is definitely powerful in my mind. As a kid, I wore pants in order to do everything all the other kids in my neighborhood were doing, And today, I wear pants with my beloved army boots and it makes me feel powerful and safe and strong. I can stomp around listening to bands of hard women on my ipod and nobody gives me shit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment