Friday, March 5, 2010

INNOCENT ATTRACTIONS

While I am happy with my former "mature" relationships. I am remarkably nostalgic for those one-sided, silent affinities, those never-to-be realized romances. In junior high, one of my best friends had a remarkable ability to turn her terribly unrealistic crushes into actual flesh and blood boyfriends, but the real boyfriend-boy was never as much fun as the fantasy version.

I like the innocence of secret loves. Fantasies can be perfect. Reality is often unbearable. Crushes are fun. They allow us a momentary escape-like reading a page-turning book or crying during a movie. We are not giggling girls without grounding, but sometimes we do need a break from our often too harsh reality....

Sometimes nervous queasiness and sweaty palms can be our escape..

No comments:

Post a Comment